cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

DPA trial setup with MySQL

Working on a trial setup of DPA.  I can't find the appropriate MySQL version listed in the requirements.  I've tried doing a Linux and Windows setup, but MySQL is holding me back.  The requirements show the needed version of 5.7.9, but the latest version I can find to download is 5.7.28. I've attempted the setup with the 5.7.28 version, but it fails during the repository setup stage.  Any ideas on getting this straight?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Can you post a screenshot of the error?

0 Kudos

I'm rebuilding again, will post the results.  Not being totally totally familiar with MySQL I just figured out that 5.7.9 is much older than the 5.7.28.  Is 5.7.9 a hard requirement or should these newer versions work?

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

In general, we expect newer versions to work.  Haven't heard any reports of problems with MySQL.  Are you using DPA 12.1?

0 Kudos

Yes. So it seems the issue was with the creation of the database and users.  I blew away everything and started from scratch (windows this time) and I was able to get it all working, up to the point of getting the repository database created. I am going to go back and redo the Linux setup just to ease my mind (and get more Linux practice).

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Sounds like a solid plan, let us know how Linux goes.

0 Kudos

Booted up the Linux setup I was using.  Had to take 2 screens due to an info window in the way of all 3 lines of the error.  The last line of the error is what was leading me to think it was a MySQL version issue.  I had the same error during the setup on Windows using same MySQL version.  Like I mentioned previously, it was a user/db creation issue that I was able to work through (using the provided script).

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

If you use another database tool, can you connect successfully to the MySQL database and execute SQL?    Have you tried using the IP address rather than "localhost"?

0 Kudos