cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

DPA: Unable to register IBM DB2 database

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie with DPA module. Currently, I’re going to demo DPA, SRM for customer.

DPA can register MSSQL or Oracle successfully but can’t connect to DB2 database v10.5. I see error on screen which said that:

"DPA was not able to connect to required views. This can be caused by:

It is less than a supported version. DPA for IBM DB2 UDB supports monitoring of DB2 UDB versions 8.2.2 or higher (or 8.1 FixPack 13)"

DB2-error-1.jpg

I see document of Solarwinds show that this version 10.5 is supported by DPA:

https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Database_Performance_Analyzer_(DPA)/Knowledgebase_Arti...

Is it bug of product or anyone have met this issue? Please help me resolve this problem

Thanks for your supporting. Respectful.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 14

Did you ever find a solution for this?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thank everyone. I have checked account priviledge, turn on service DFT_MON_STMT in db2 but no effect.

Slw technical have supported remote but still not find the problems. This may be a bug of product.

Hope Slw will fix this issue in next update version

0 Kudos

DPA has been monitoring DB2 10.5 for quite some time, so I am confident they should be able to find the issue. If they cannot find it, they can escalate to dev to get more help.

0 Kudos
Level 11

This could be caused by a variety of issues so I would suggest opening a support ticket - SolarWinds Customer Support Information - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support . The technicians can review your log files and find out specifically what is happening here.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I'm not a DB2 expert but

- Did you have checked the required privileges of the user bmpvn? -> Required DB2 permissions needed by DPA for monitoring - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

- Are you able to connect from the DPA application server to the mentioned IP address, database AND port?

regards

fabian

0 Kudos