cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slyt
Level 7

DPA Free licence renewal - how ?

How can I successfully renew free licence for DPA ?

Due to message "Your DPA Free installation has expired. Download the latest version of DPA Free" I downloaded last DPA install and did upgrade of existing installation. It didnt work. Then I unistalled / installed again DPA. I didnt change anything.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mandevil
Level 14

Re: DPA Free licence renewal - how ?

Unfortunately, you will have to download the free product again which will automagically create another free key...

0 Kudos
freom
Level 7

I re-downloaded version V8.4.037 and re-installed, and I am still being informed it will expire in 7 days.

Where do I find the new key, and how do I install it?

0 Kudos
slyt
Level 7

That's exactly the same situation I've met. The solution for me was to do fresh install.

0 Kudos
mandevil
Level 14

If you are installed on a VM, I'd just spin a new one up and install again on that.

Any remnants (especially in the registry, repository, or where we lay down the files) are likely preventing the new free key generation...

0 Kudos
mbyrdtx
Level 7

What are you using to start the install for DPA free?  I've downloaded SolarWinds-DPAFree-v8.4.040-x86.zip and there is no install app.  There are 5 bat files (createWindowsService.bat, removeWindowsService.bat, shutdown.bat, startup.bat, and updateWindowsService.bat), but no install bat file or app.  Ideas?  I must be missing something.

0 Kudos
cpriddy Product Manager
Product Manager

Had an error in uploading the latest version of the free tool without the install utility. An updated version with the install utility will be provided shortly.

0 Kudos