This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DPA Alert seems to work, but no email is sent

FormerMember
FormerMember

We are using DPA version 10.2.563, and we want to have a "Total Database Instance Wait Time" alert that notifies us when things go bad. I have the alert configured to run every minute, and set the values like this:

HIGH 2000 - BLANK

MEDIUM 1000 - 2000

LOW 200 - 1000

INFO 0 - 200

Every notification level has the same contact selected. The active checkbox is checked, and the alert is reported as active in the alert status list.

When i go to Options - Administration - Contacts and Contact Groups, i can select my contact, send a test mail, and i immediately receive this test mail (We are using our company email server)

When i go to "Alert Status" tab and i click the history button on the alert, i can verify that everything works as expected. The notification policy for the alert is "Use repository default (Notify when level not visited since normal)".

So everything seems to work as it should, but we do not get any emails from the alert.

• If you check in the iwc.log, are you seeing any SMTP type of errors?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mandevil

Ok, i am seein errors. It seems like it is trying to connect via smtp.gmail.com?? Test mails are correctly using our configured smtp server ...

Error sending email notification for status [LOW] for alert [Total Database Instance Wait Time] run against database instance [SQLCLUS001-1\INSTANCE001]: com.confio.iwc.mail.exceptions.MailException: Error sending mail: org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect; message exceptions (1) are: Failed message 1: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Date: 19/01/17 7:21:08

DB: SQLCLUS001-1\INSTANCE001

com.confio.iwc.mail.MailServiceImpl.sendMail(SourceFile:400)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2561.invoke(Unknown Source)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:319)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

org.springframework.aop.framework.adapter.ThrowsAdviceInterceptor.invoke(ThrowsAdviceInterceptor.java:124)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)

com.sun.proxy.$Proxy58.sendMail(Unknown Source)

com.confio.iwc.alerts.notification.AlertNotificationMessenger.sendEmails(SourceFile:202)

com.confio.iwc.alerts.notification.AlertNotificationMessenger.processNotifications(SourceFile:144)

com.confio.iwc.alerts.notification.AlertNotificationMessenger.access$000(SourceFile:31)

com.confio.iwc.alerts.notification.AlertNotificationMessenger$AlertNotificationTask.run(SourceFile:434)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• You may want to open a support ticket at this time (since there may be sensitive info you don't want to post publicly) and include this error stack along with the

C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DPA\iwc\tomcat\ignite_config\iwc\properties\mail.properties file.