This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom metric restricted to a single monitored database?

Hello,

We are using DPA 10.1.313. We are currently monitoring several prod and dev Oracle 12c databases within a single DPA server. We are making extensive usage of the Custom Metrics to capture KPIs. The problem we have encountered is that when we create a custom metric for say our OLTP database, the same metric appears also for our DWH database. The query related to the custom metric also gets executed against the DWH database, and consistently fails since the specific table does not exist there.

My question: is there any way to set up a custom metric to execute against a specific database (and ignore any other monitored databases)?

Cheers,

Steeve

• Unfortunately no (good feature request).

However, never one to settle, I set up a custom metric in my system which did get applied to all Oracle instances.

Then I went into the instance(s) that I did NOT want to collect that metric for clicked on settings -> custom -> uncheck the "enable" flag.

Not elegant as it will still show in resources, but by disabling it, at least it won't try to collect.

Hope that get you at least to a usable place...

• Thanks mandevil - that workaround will work for us until the new feature is added to DPA!