cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Annoying Bug - Login Name

Quite frequently, when I reboot and have to login to DPA, the username in the login box is someone else that uses the system (not from my PC). Does anyone else get this? Surely it's a security flaw, showing me someone else login name that's allowed to use the system. How can my PC show me the login name of someone else from a different machine?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Annoying Bug - Login Name

I have witnessed this in the past as well.  Don't know what causes it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Whenever you have cleared cookies in your browser so that there is no memory of the last (your) username, I believe that DPA will display the username associated with the DPA repository owner.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

It's not down to cookies as I never clear mine down. We also have several people that experience the same issue with with random usernames in the box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

We are looking into the problem which is where I learned that the code is using the repo owner user whenever the cookie for the username isn't available. If other people in your organization are getting random usernames that aren't the repo owner, that would be a different scenario than what we've been able to reproduce. It would be helpful if you could open a support ticket so that we can capture the details and figure out how to reproduce it so we can verify additional test case(s) against any fix.

0 Kudos