This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds scp certification

Hi All,

Can anyone please guide, how to prepare (links for model exams) and register for the solarwinds SCP program.

Also please help me with some tips to crack the exam easily and how much does it cost?

regards,

Arunprasad

• https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/solarwinds-academy-certified-professional

Hi Arunprasad, the Scp exam prep guides and registration details are available on Success Center

The sample questions on the prep give you a great example of the types of questions that will be asked in the exam.

There is some great resources available on the success such e-learning videos (Success Center) if you have active maintenance on a product you could also avail of the virtual classroom content via the customer portal Virtual Classrooms | SolarWinds Customer Portal

• I can add that you will need good webcam and stable link from tech point of view. The proctor will check your valid ID document (issued by Government) and how looks your desk and room. And more - proctor will look at you all the time and will check your computer at the beginning (it means no other applications, services etc. except browser with PSI plugin).

Preparation stuff from SolarWinds website is very useful. But many questions have all answers looking correct at the first glance. If you will have multiple choice of answers then you never get info about how many (lets say: select correct answers - not select 2 corredct answers from 5 below). You will have option to go back to paused questions but please do not count on that - it is not enough time. You must go fast to answer 75 questions for 90 minutes emoticons_wink.png (you need 70% of correct answers to pass). So good luck budy emoticons_laugh.png.

• Just took and passed my SCP (SAM) this past week, one try pass (woot!). The admin guide is great to be honest, I was asking the same question for a while looking for more content and hoping I could find something along a practice test. I did come up with some basic things that I found useful.

Live training sessions:

Virtual Classrooms V2 | SolarWinds Customer Portal

if you currently work for a company that leverages Solarwinds products you have access to live virtual classes, there are v.o.d.'s and teacher lead sessions. ask as many questions as you feel comfortable asking they are there to help you learn.

Demo site:

https://oriondemo.solarwinds.com/

if your company does not have the module that you are testing for, or does not have Solarwinds at all, the demo site is great to get a hands on feel without having to deploy the servers/modules. Poke around and figure out the limits on stuff.

Admin guides:

Success Center

everyone falls back on these as the best resource at your disposal for good reason, just go through the sections one at a time and follow all of the links the sections may have under them, pay special attention to stuff like limits and capabilities. examples (with out giving anything away), Can *module* do this, if so how many/ how many times?

Thwack:

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/

oh boy did you come to the right place, if you are having a hard time grasping a concept or really want to test what Solarwinds is capable of doing the wonderful people here are always willing to help.

Best of luck on your SCP,

Scarelette