cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 10

SolarWinds Certified Professional Program Changes for 2019

One year ago SolarWinds Academy released the new SolarWinds Certified Professional® program. After reviewing the year, we decided to make a few changes—namely removing the subscription option from the program.

The SCP program still has elements our SCPs enjoy, such as one exam retake, the convenience of anytime, anywhere testing, and sharing an SCP accomplishment with digital badges and THWACK® SCP icons.

The 2019 SCP program includes:

• SCP Online*
  • SCP study hours with SolarWinds experts
  • Access to select GNS3® courses
  • For SCPs working for SolarWinds customers under active maintenance, you will be recognized as an SCP member within the support system and provided with an enhanced support experience

BENEFITS

FEE

Expires

• Product exam
  • One exam retake+

$200 USD

(or 60,000 THWACK points)

3 years

*SCP Online includes exclusive live SCP webcasts where you can interact with product managers, Head Geeks, and other IT professionals to discuss the future of SolarWinds products, and access to advanced-level training for members who want to gain a deeper understanding of SolarWinds products. Our experienced SolarWinds Academy trainers are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date and comprehensive courses for SCP members.

+Must redeem within one year of initial product exam participation.

Email us at certification@solarwinds.com with any questions.

18 Replies
Highlighted

Re: SolarWinds Certified Professional Program Changes for 2019

Hi nan thanks for the update. Can I ask, does this mean that each individual product exam extends the overall SCP Expiry date, similar to Cisco exams, or will each product have individual expiry dates?

For example, you take NPM in 2018, then SAM in 2019, and NCM in 2020. Does NPM still expire in 2021 or does it get extended with each exam?

- David Smith
Highlighted
Level 11

Good question

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

David,

Each exam expires after 3 years.

Thanks!

Nanette

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

So no more "swag" after passing the SCP?  Just passed it yesterday and today I find this out.   Figures.

What a bummer.

Level 9

they will eventually email you and they give you SCP Metal water bottle, you dont get the nice frame certificate any more apparently, i recently passed my exam in feb.

Highlighted

You can still download and print the certificate from Digital Badge, and then just buy a frame if you wish

- David Smith
Highlighted
Level 12

At the time I got my certificate and frame every other team members were surprised since no other company provided the water bottle and framed certificate.

It also helped us to get recognition as a monitoring professional, which was initially considered as a freshers only job.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

government agencies now uses Solarwinds, monitoring with solarwinds still very niche. My role at my job is to be solarwinds admin.

Highlighted
Level 8

How are the retakes handled? Do you get another voucher in a separate email or can you just go in after the exam and use the same code?

0 Kudos