cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

SolarWinds Certified Professional Exams are Live

**Please see SolarWinds Certified Professional program changes for 2019 for program updates.**

The SolarWinds Academy is excited to announce the official launch of the new and completely updated SolarWinds Certified Professional® program.

Based on the feedback from SCPs around the world, we focused on two key aspects of the program that needed attention: creating lasting value for SCPs and helping SCPs succeed.

We want to create lasting value.

We created the SCP program in 2009 because we knew our customers wanted to demonstrate that they have the skills needed to manage networks effectively using SolarWinds products. Unfortunately, as time passed, the program did not grow with our products. The SolarWinds certification became outdated, and did not hold enough value to be a competitive player on the global IT stage.

To create lasting value, we made two key changes:

• Relevance: To help ensure IT professionals have knowledge of the most current SolarWinds products, the SCP exams will now be updated with each new product release
  • Security: The SCP exams are now provided through online, proctored services so that the world knows that the holder of a SolarWinds certificate is the person who earned it

We want IT professionals to feel pride and a sense of achievement at becoming an SCP.

We want our customers to succeed.

Our customers’ success drives everything we do. Because the world of IT is always growing and changing, continuing education is an integral part of being a successful IT pro. To encourage continued growth, we added several benefits that members can use to increase their knowledge. 

New benefits include:

• SCP webcasts
  • SCP online advanced training
  • SCP invitations to live events
  • SCP study hours with SolarWinds experts
  • Access to select GNS3® courses
  • For SCPs working for SolarWinds customers under active maintenance, you will be recognized as an SCP member within the support system and provided with an enhanced support experience

OPTION A

YEAR

BENEFITS

FEE

Expires

Single exam option

• Product exam
  • One exam retake
  • One year of benefits

$200 USD

3 years

OPTION B

YEAR

BENEFITS

FEE

Expires

First Year

• Product exam
  • One exam retake
  • One year of benefits

$200 USD

Your certification is active as long as you are a subscription** member and attend required events/training

Subsequent Year(s)

Same benefits as year one, plus:

• New product exam
  • One exam retake
  • Loyalty recognition
  • Maintain active certification on passed exams*

$200 USD

*Only includes exams that are part of the new SCP program.

**Your subscription does not auto-renew

SCP webcasts: You’ll have access to exclusive live SCP webcasts where you can interact with product managers, Head Geeks, and other IT professionals to discuss the future of SolarWinds products. For our members who can’t participate in a live webcast, we’ll record all events and post videos only available to SCPs, along with the comments that you can view as often as you need.

SCP online advanced training: We’re offering advanced-level training for members who want to gain a deeper understanding of SolarWinds products. Our experienced SolarWinds Academy trainers are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date and comprehensive courses for SCP members. Join exclusive live WebEx® classes and interact with SolarWinds Academy trainers and other SCP members.

Invitations to live events: Our live events are not only an excellent way to learn more about SolarWinds products, but also provide opportunities to network with other SolarWinds Certified Professionals and SolarWinds team members. Collaborate, network, and get awesome swag all in one place.

You spoke. We listened.

UPDATE: as of 7/12/2018 SCP exams are available for purchase for 60k THWACK points.

Additionally, our THWACK MVPs, will receive one free SCP exam a year. Click here to learn more on how to achieve this status.

We hope that the new SolarWinds Certified Professional program brings you value and enhances your knowledge of SolarWinds products. If you have any questions, please review our FAQs, ask us on THWACK, or send an email to certification@solarwinds.com.

72 Replies
Level 9

Tested yesterday and received my cert.  It was not easy!

Congratulations!

You're right. They are not easy exams and just clearing your desk is a real chore, but I think it adds to the credibility of the qualifications that we didn't really have before.

Level 9

nan​ - When is the next SCP study hours?

0 Kudos
Level 11

Anyone know where in the UK or at what company you can sit the exam?  Is it pearson vue or similar.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi janobi SolarWinds use an Online Proctoring company, so you can sit the exam anywhere, but you have to adhere to strict guidelines to ensure you are able to take the exam. You need to be in an isolated environment and away from any posters or boards you might hide notes etc. The proctor normally will ask you to perform a 360' circle of your camera to asses your environment and will watch your screen while you take the exam. Success Center

- David Smith
0 Kudos
Level 9

Did any one get an error trying to launch the exam ? I was going take the exam last weekend - SCP - NPM but got an error.

The bean encountered a non-application specific exception;

nested exception is: java.lang.NullPointerException

I tried 2 windows PCs and MAC and still wasnt able to launch the exam. PSI support is almost non existent, called the support line just to have them tell me they will have someone contact me within 24-48 hours.... which already passed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Elien,

Can you please email your name and contact information to certification@solarwinds.com?

Thank you!

Nanette

0 Kudos

Hello Nan,

I finally got reply back from PSI, they didnt know how to fix the issue but they did supply me promo code to do the exam again, i will attempt the exam again this Friday.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

I took all of mine at Partner Events, I’m not sure what access you MVP guys have?

- David Smith
0 Kudos
Level 9

Hi Guys,

Planning to do SCP SAM exam? Any help/tip/advice you can give me? Thanks much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi neokevin,

Check out our SAM Exam Prep Guide.  Or attend on of our SCP Study Hours.

Thanks!

Nanette

hmm not sure how I missed the NTA exam beta?? gutted!!!

0 Kudos

Yeah me too. I only did the NPM beta.

0 Kudos

Same!

0 Kudos

Just had confirmation through of passing the NTA beta.

Woohoo.

and that makes 4

I've updated my CV and the qualification has already been loaded into BadgeCert

Many thanks to cal.smith​  & all the rest of the team.

Congratulations Robert!!!

0 Kudos

Congratulations Robert, same here! BadgeCert

- David Smith
0 Kudos

Congrats to you too.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I just passed the SCP NPM exam this past Saturday. Today, I was reviewing some perks for being an SCP and saw:

"For SCPs working for SolarWinds customers under active maintenance, you will be recognized as an SCP member within the support system and provided with an enhanced support experience"

How is this done, and how do I verify it?

Congratulations on earning your NPM certification!

We automatically add your information in our system after you earn a certification.

When you contact support as an SCP certification holder, our team can assume that you have completed all basic troubleshooting steps and reports. This saves you time by skipping the fundamentals and diving right in to your issue or faster escalation if needed.

Thanks!

Nanette

0 Kudos