cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

SCP NPM

Just started studying for my SCP NPM (my SCP-500 cert is no longer valid soon). Here's my dilemma, my responsibilities as my company's primary cloud engineer (AWS, Azure and Google) and as a senior sales engineer don't allow me a lot of time to use Solarwinds since I'm not "on-site".

For those of you who have recently taken the SCP NPM can you provide any study recommendations other than "memorize the admin guide". I will be going through all the documentation for NPM available on Solarwind's site, but would appreciate any suggestions for other training locations.

2 Replies
Level 10

Hello mwlillie,

SolarWinds does recommend having 6+ months on-the-job experience working with the product before you take an exam.

Take a look at my post "attend SolarWinds Academy training to help you study for an exam" for more study ideas. 

Thanks,

Nanette

0 Kudos
Level 9

I took the exam recently. Did not need to memorise the admin guides. I went through them once. But the things that helped in the exam were mostly the experience of using the product and basic network troubleshooting knowledge.