This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to setup monitoring using API or DB call

Hi team,

I want to set up monitoring for any process  (eg java,http,tomcat....etc ) without using solarwind console. (manual setup that we used to do). that is directly call any API's or any db call that will set up the monitoring in back end. And no need to do in console.

how can I achieve this ?

• Hi team,

anybody has any suggestion on this plz.?

• You might want to look in the Orion SDK area of thwack and re-ask in there if you don't find what you need

• At this point there are some limitations to doing this with the API.  You can assign an existing template to a node from the api and you can update the properties of a template, but you cannot create a new template from scratch without using the GUI.

In theory if you REALLY wanted to skip the GUI you could create a template with just one component monitor in it of the type you want to use, assign that, and then use update commands on the new instance of the app monitor to modify all the specific details such as the name of the process you want to monitor.  It's going to be pretty tedious to get it all working and in the end you pretty much would have broken yourself away from the Set of Components > Template > Application model that SAM uses right now and gone to something where every individual component has to become it's own template and a single server might have a dozen templates assigned.

Theoretically doable but I bet it takes a LOT more work than just using the GUI.