Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayalirevalkar
Level 10

Want to create alert if fortigate firewall HA happens

Hi,

Need help to create Alert.

I want to create an Alert if Fortigate Firewall HA happens. OID for HA is already added for firewall monitoring.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tallyrich
Level 15

Re: Want to create alert if fortigate firewall HA happens

I would go to the Universal Device poller on your primary SolarWinds server. There you can test the OID and see what results it gives you - i.e. is it a 1 or 0, a text comment, etc. Once you have that information you can build your alert using that term. So if it's 0 for passive and 1 for active - build an alert that says if the backup device gets a 1, meaning it has become primary then send the alert. Let me know if you need better detail, I just wanted to get you going in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sayalirevalkar
Level 10

I am using OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.13 - fgHighAvailability which is returning value as 3 for both active and passive unit.

So not able to understand. Please help me if there is any other OID returning values as 0 or 1..

0 Kudos
tallyrich
Level 15

I don't have any devices in my network to hit against, but you might try 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.13.1.4 and see what information it returns. The description is "Status of master override flag."

stuartd
Level 11

Hi sayalirevalkar​ - did you ever find an answer to this?

0 Kudos