cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
colby
Level 16

Alert Central v1.1 Beta Now Available

HEY, if you're reading this after September 12, be sure to check out the OFFICIAL release of Alert Central v1.1 and download that instead! More info: and .

Hey everyone, we're back with another great Alert Central beta. This time around, we've taken some of your bigger issues and combined them with a bunch of bugfixes and general improvements.

What's New/Fixed in 1.1

Here's a list of items we've worked on in this release:

ItemRelated Posts
NEW: Alert Central Upgrade Available Notifications (banner, internet settings, check for updates)
NEW: Manually validate users' email addresses, option to not automatically send validation email when importing users, and other validation fixes.Including
NEW: Support for native Exchange mailbox connectivity via Exchange Web Services (receive email without using POP/IMAP)Part of:
NEW: Exposed URL that gets sent in email notifications to click back to Alert Central in Settings
IMPROVED: Session timeout changed to 60 minutes from 10

, Re: Where can I adjust the dashboard timeout settings

Part of:

"Add Note" button is not in the right location when viewing alert emails in gmail
SMS messages contained placeholder ${HISTORY_TIME} instead of actual time
Problems with reocurring on-call scheduling
Unable to validate SMS addresses from Android devices, ,
Issues with long alert summary fields causing separated replies,
When configuring an email source, "only capture a specific part of the message" is unexpectedly selected by default.
Notes added from emails truncated at 60 characters
Not able to send outbound mail with open SMTP server
Problems validating addresses on Verizon
Active Directory username/address changes not updating
Changing email in Active Directory does not trigger validation and should
Replying with HTML adds HTML characters to notes unexpectedly

Known Issues

Currently there's only one known issue inside Alert Central - the upgrade notification banner may not dismiss permanently even if you hit the dismiss button (you'll see it again next time you log in). We're looking into it.

We've also discovered that in some places (namely, the appliance virtual console boot splash screen) the build says 1.0.1 build 521 instead of 1.1.0. This will be fixed in a future update.

Where Do I Download the Upgrade?

Click here!

http://content.solarwinds.com/creative/microsites/Alert-Central/images/ac-nav-download.png (or here, if you have an inherent distrust of buttons).

If you'd like to deploy new appliances rather than upgrading your existing instance, here is the download for VMware and here is the download for Hyper-V.

How to Upgrade

There's a full set of instructions in the zip file, but the short version:

1. Unzip the upgrade zip file.
  2. Mount the extracted ISO (Alert-Central-Appliance-...iso) as a CD-ROM image.
  3. Navigate to https://<appliance IP>:5480 and log in (default is admin/admin if you haven't changed the password)
  4. Click on the "Updates" tab, then "Check Updates"
  5. After the update is found, click "Install Updates"
  6. Magic happens!

NOTE: After deploying, your Alert Central installation should reflect build #521. In some places it may say version 1.0.1, but build 521 is the correct build.

Post Feedback!

Did you expect to see something that's fixed that isn't? Is one of our issues marked fixed not actually fixed for you? Post here in the Alert Central Beta group and we'll help.

Message was edited by: nicole pauls

0 Kudos
17 Replies
emilantonio
Level 9

Re: Alert Central v1.1 Beta Now Available

Hi,

I downloaded the upgrade using the link above. It said Alert Central -1.0.1.521. Should the version say 1.1 or is the 1.0.1.521 the latest version?

This is what it looks like after the upgrade.

ACupgrade.jpg

Thanks.

0 Kudos
colby
Level 16

There was a typo in our build where some parts of the download said 1.0.1 that we caught later. I don't know if we caught this one, so I'll make sure it's fixed in the next release. Build 521 is the right build #. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
emilantonio
Level 9

Thank you for the confirmation.

0 Kudos
emilantonio
Level 9

Nicole,

One thing I noticed after the upgrade. I keep seeing this notification when I login to Alert Central that says new version available v1.0.1.147. But you can see from the bottom of the screenshot, I'm already on the higher level v 1.0.1.521.

acupgrade1.jpg

And when I click on More info, it takes me to Thwack site with this message.

thwack.jpg

0 Kudos
colby
Level 16

Thanks! This, we expected (noted in the Known Issues at top, banner dismiss doesn't exactly dismiss - it'll come back on every login, unfortunately). We're fixing both of these before next release.

0 Kudos
death-nite
Level 8

So after this update, where have all my users gone. Including me?

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
njoylif
Level 17

Trying to update via "repository".

Failed to check for updates(Error downloading manifest signature. Please contact your vendor. The requested URL returned error: 404 URL: http://atl-mmtoolv01.ndchealth.int/update/manifest/manifest-latest.xml.sig) on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:47:40 AM GMT-04:00

What am I missing?

pastedImage_15.png

Message was edited by: Larry Rice GET THIS ON THE SERVER...do not know how this should be configured.  Please advise: HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

0 Kudos
njoylif
Level 17

ok, figured this one out.  needed to add MIME map - just used example; so on web server:

\windows\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.sig',mimeType='text/plain']

That worked.

0 Kudos
njoylif
Level 17

Now, that being said...

When I click on network tab within AC Manager, I get error on any subtab...click on details and get...

ErrorCode:1 description:*** Provider VAMI_SoftwareIdentity_Provider(3664) exiting due to a SIGSEGV signal

Status Code: 200

Status Text: OK

Then shows tab info to me.  reboot and seems fine.  All of my groups/calendar/on-call info appears good.  no local users though.  FYI

0 Kudos