Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Community Manager
Community Manager

thwack Monthly Mission - November 2015: Mission Shortcut

1510_thwack_November-Mission_Banner_728x90.png

To complete the shortcut for the thwack Monthly Mission - November 2015‌, follow the steps below:

1. Download SolarWinds Virtualization ManagerRageTShirt.PNG
  2. Upload a screenshot of the "Storage" tab (see example below)
  3. Get a Rage Against the Virtual Machine t-shirt!

Example of the "Storage" tab in Virtualization Manager:

Storage-tab.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Level 10

Submitted today!

0 Kudos
Level 8

Danielle, I believe I answered all the questions correctly for this month and uploaded my screenshot of the storage tab but I don't remember getting a confirmation for the t-shirt.  Will an email be sent out to all eligible recipients once the monthly mission has closed?  Also, can you please check to verify I submitted my screenshot with the correct info on it and got all the questions correct?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

bvinson‌, we have your screenshot and shipping information, so you should be fine. The shipping will start this week, so you should be receiving it in 5-7 business days.

As for the questions, you can simply go through them again to see if they allow you to answer once more. It's not a problem if you submit your answer twice.

0 Kudos

Sounds good.  Thanks for the quick reply, maria.bungau‌!

0 Kudos
Level 9

I too did everything asked of me to receive the T-shirt but I haven't heard anything. What's the deal?

Dawg

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dawg‌ I'm not seeing a submission for you.  Are you sure you uploaded your screenshot to this link? November Mission Shortcut

0 Kudos

OK, I did it all over again. I took the screen shot and uploaded it and put in all my info and T-shirt size again.

Thanks,

Dawg

0 Kudos

I sent it to Maria again.

Kurt Hashbarger

Chief, Network Engineering Division Quantico ITC /Culpeper ITC / NCA

Quantico Information Technology Center (005OP6.4.3)

VA OI&T Service Delivery and Engineering

Office: (703) 441-3073

Mobile: (703) 504-8151

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am using Windows 10 Hyper-V and installed Windows Server 2016 TP3 to test it out. I then installed the Solar Winds Virtualization Manager for Hyper-V 6.3 Eval version. Nowhere can I find a way to create the screenshot above. The closest screenshot I have is from the user: Richard Hetherington however how do I export this data to get a virtualization storage summary like the screenshot to upload for the free t-shirt?

0 Kudos

Jonathan,

It's a 2 part install.  The appliance is a VHD file  that needs to be imported into Hyper-V and configured to poll your environment.  Then there is the Orion-Standalone-v2.1exe file that contains the Orion front end as well as a SQL Express backend.  After Orion is installed it will ask you in integrate with the appliance via IP or name.  Once it's integrated Orion will populate and you will see a Storage sub-tab under Virtualization.

if you have any questions hit me on DM.

Jared

0 Kudos

Thanks! This was never explained in any readme. Any ways, I ran the Orion Web Console and it gave me an error that the Solar Winds Orion Module Engine service did not start. The problem is that there is no such service!

0 Kudos

What OS did you install the Orion Server/SQL Express on?

0 Kudos

I am installed Orion into Windows 10.

0 Kudos

Orion needs to be installed on a server OS.  We currently support up to 2012 R2.

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

question, will the screenshots be public? We will need to redact some of the content if that's the case

the chew toy for the dog of life
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

mcam‌ No, they are submitted to a form that is not accessible by the public.

0 Kudos

Thanks DanielleH

the chew toy for the dog of life
0 Kudos
Level 12

Storage in Virtualization Manager

vim.png

0 Kudos
Level 8

What if we already use this in our environment, still count?

0 Kudos

I'm in the same boat as pastraa I have virtualization manager in production and we have not integrated it on purpose.  I'll upload ss of the info from the actual product in production.

0 Kudos