cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

What We Are Working On

The product teams are busy working on a number of highly requested enhancements. Although you will not see an official SolarWinds roadmap, the "What we are working on" posts are the best reflection of what the teams are currently working on in each product. It is not a commitment to a specific feature or release date, but it should help you understand the priorities of each of our product teams. Please see the individual "what we're working on posts" for more detail.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
100 Replies

The following blog post makes reference to improvements coming to AppStack.

Server & Application Monitor - What we're working on beyond SAM 6.2

0 Kudos
Level 8

I have check only first option.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Why are these pages not kept up to date???

0 Kudos

wallyollie‌ can you specify which pages you are referring to?

0 Kudos

pretty much all of them have out of date info for the product road maps. surely its not hard for someone to keep this up to date ?????

0 Kudos

wallyollie‌ I can confirm all of the roadmaps are current.  There will be an updated roadmap for NPM coming soon.

0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure they only update them when there is something to update.  From looking at them, almost all of them are current.  They haven't changed what they are working on so there is no reason for them to update them... 

DanielleH‌  Pretty much all of them.  NPM, SAM, UDT, etc.  Most of the big ones.

Level 7

Ability to export reports to Excel

Yesssss!!!

0 Kudos

I assume that you're asking about the reports created using the legacy Report Writer.  So, for those reports, do the following:

1. Launch the report that you're looking for on the web.
  2. When the report opens add the string &DataFormat=Excel to the end of the report's URL.
  3. At that point, you should be prompted with to open the CSV file using Excel.
0 Kudos

Which product are you referring to for exporting reports in Excel?  That's always been available in Orion Reports, or are you talking about a different product?

0 Kudos

I mean customer ticket reports from WHD. It's not a straight forward task at the moment.

0 Kudos

Ahh, I figured it was a different product than I was thinking of.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Is there one web page that shows the most current release of all Solarwinds products?

I'm certain I've seen one, but I didn't bookmark it when I had the chance...

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hey kmphilbin‌,

This blog should help you find what you need:

[Action Needed] Bookmark Your Product Roadmaps AKA What We're Working On

And this is the page you are looking for:

What We Are Working On

0 Kudos

Maria,

I was kind of hoping for a one stop location with version numbers and release dates. I thought I saw one once, but maybe that was another site. Even when I log into the Solarwinds Customer Portal, it only gives me limited information until I drill down into each product individually. Oh well...

Thanks.

0 Kudos

This has not only current versions all there but also which ones are compatible:

http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/1888/Compatibility+of+SolarWinds+Orion+Products+for...

Very helpful.  thanks!

ecklerw1,

That's the ticket! That is the page I was looking for.

Thanks!

Kevin

On the Customer Portal when you click on the "Choose a Download" link for each one you should then have the "Release Notes" link for that version.  That will tell you everything new about the current version plus have a link to the Release Notes for past releases.  As far as info about future releases then the Product Roadmaps is your best resource.  It links to each version and their newest items they are working on.

0 Kudos