This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

User Permissions for AD account need to use WMI.

I am new to using Orion.  I want to alert on Disk Volumes when they reach a certain percentage using VMI.  Can anyone tell me what permissions this user (service) account will need when being setup up?  Thanks,  Walt

• I don't have the specific information you desire, but you might be interested in a Resource I built to show me how much space certain directories consume.  This resulted from code problems in NPM 12.2 that caused poor communications between APEs and the main instance.  One directory would start growing uncontrollably as the communications failed, and the result was the poller would stop working when it ran out of space in its drive.

I placed it on the front of my NPM view as a new widget, and it looks like this:

pastedImage_0.png

Adding the Resource was as simple as editing the NPM view I wanted, adding a custom query that looks like this:

pastedImage_1.png

The actual query (substitute your own server & drive names):

SELECT n.caption as [Node]

, v.Caption as [Volume]

, round(v.VolumePercentUsed,1) as [Space Used]

,round(v.volumespaceavailable/1073741824,1) as [Free GB]

,case when f.DaysToCapacityPeak is null then 'No Forecast'

when f.DaysToCapacityPeak<0 then 'Full'

when f.DaysToCapacityPeak<91 then tostring(f.DaysToCapacityPeak)

when f.DaysToCapacityPeak>90 then '>90 Days'

end as [Days til Full],

v.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Volume]

, n.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Node]

,'/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + n.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node]

, case when fc.WarningThreshold is null and v.VolumePercentUsed > (Select CurrentValue AS [col1] FROM Orion.Settings WHERE SettingID = 'NetPerfMon-DiskSpace-Error') then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif'

when fc.WarningThreshold is null and v.VolumePercentUsed > (Select CurrentValue AS [col1] FROM Orion.Settings WHERE SettingID = 'NetPerfMon-DiskSpace-Warning') then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif'

when v.VolumePercentUsed>f.CriticalThreshold then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Critical.gif'

when v.VolumePercentUsed>f.WarningThreshold then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Warning.gif'

end as [_Iconfor_Space Used]

,'/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + v.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Volume]

from orion.Volumes v

join orion.nodes n on n.nodeid=v.nodeid

left join Orion.ForecastCapacitySettings fc on fc.InstanceId=v.VolumeID and fc.metricid=3

left join Orion.ForecastCapacity f on f.InstanceId = v.VolumeID and f.EntityType='Orion.volumes'

left join Orion.AlertSuppression asup on asup.entityuri = n.uri

where v.FullName in (YourServerName#1Here-C:\ Label: YouDriveLabel#1here) YourServerName#2Here-C:\ Labell:YourLabel#2Here )

order by currentvalue desc