cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Password Reset

Jump to solution

We had to reset one of our authenticating password for our Orion Application and I have reset the password everywhere I can find it in our Orion Web interface but we still get lockouts for bad passwords.  I have reset the password in the SAM Settings, IPAM Settings, UDT Settings and Virtualization Settings but can't find anywhere else that is using this username and password.  Any ideas where else credentials may be used that I am missing.  I have checked services and don't see this user there either.  These are the modules we are using.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

My two pence: Check the credentials used in any scheduled discovery jobs. Also, ensure that WMI settings in NPM itself are correct.

- Jez Marsh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

My two pence: Check the credentials used in any scheduled discovery jobs. Also, ensure that WMI settings in NPM itself are correct.

- Jez Marsh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I think I found it under the Network Discovery, when I ran the validation it said bad username or password so found that under Manage Windows Credentials, I had originally reset it but must not have done it correct because it is working now with the Validate. Hopefully this was the module that was doing the lock outs. Thank you very much for your suggestions. I didn’t originally configure our Orion instance and just got it put on my table this year so still trying to learn what all it has and how to get to it.

Karlita

No problem.

Glad you got it fixed krcourser

- Jez Marsh
0 Kudos