This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"Last Boot has changed" alert to fire if server is not "muted"

Hello,

If we mute a server, and reboot it for maintenance, we do not get a ping down but the "last boot has changed" alert will fire. 

What I'm trying to do is this...

1) Not alert on "last boot" if the server is muted

2) The new "last boot" time is used when the server is resumed so it won't alert unless the server is booted and it's not muted.

My original thought process was to add swql logic to my last boot alert that checks to see if Orion.AlertSuppression has an entry for the "uri" in it, but I think once the server is resumed from muting the alert will fire.

I can select which servers are muted by the following swql query:

SELECT
    Nodes.Caption as [Caption],
    'Muted' as [Status]
    ,tostring(tolocal(SuppressFrom)) as [From]
    ,tostring(tolocal(SuppressUntil)) as [To]
FROM Orion.AlertSuppression AlertSuppression

join orion.nodes Nodes on AlertSuppression.entityuri=Nodes.uri
ORDER BY Caption

Has anyone been able to do what I'm needing? Or do I need to follow a different thought process on how to do this?

Thanks.

• Muted devices should already be suppressed from new alerts by being on that alert suppression table, you shouldn't have to add additional logic.   Are you saying that your muted nodes are still triggering alerts?

• Well… I just muted a server, rebooted it, and looked at “Orion.AlertSuppression” to verify it was there and there wasn’t a reboot alert created for it after it came back up.. Go figure.. My guess is that the servers that our apps team had told us about were not muted, or they unmuted between it coming up and the poll for the last reboot entry.

I will keep watch and post back to this thread if I run into it.

Thank you for replying though.