This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

how to create an alert on solar winds to monitor serves to alarm me when 90% capacity is reached

Hi there, can anyone assist me?

I am trying to set up an Alert within Solarwinds advanced alert tool to monitor servers and alarm me by mail when capacity has reached 90%.

the only thing is i cant understand how to do this as the value  setting under trigger conditions does not allow a % - only a numerical figure (which i am guessing is in bytes tho it does not say)

so this would be fine if all servers were the same capacity however they are not and so the alert wont represent all servers just one.

i have set up trigger condition with :  "volume space used"  is greater than"   then the numerical figure.  (in this case i have trialed a server that has 7 gig and want an alert at 90% so i figured if this is in bytes it would be set to around 7,400,000,000

in which case i could then do this for each server and set the amount, but i cant suss out this either!

anyone can offer me advice i would really appreciate it!

thanks all.