This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

citrix high cpu

FormerMember
FormerMember

I am looking at creating an Alert for our Citrix servers.

We have our Citrix grouped according to their functions.  Some groups have 5 servers, some have 10.

I would like to minimize our High CPU alerts.  For example if Group A that has 5 servers in it, we would like to see an alert if maybe 2 servers go High CPU, but not 1

In group B, we have 10 servers and we don't want to see a High CPU alert unless 3 servers have High CPU at the same time.  We aren't worried if 1 or 2 servers are showing High CPU.

I have been looking at how to do this, and I its not clicking and I haven't seen this posted to Thwack before.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

• Chris,

I've been trying to summarize all of my alerts as well but this is a tough one as I see it.

I attempted to simplify it by using cpuload metric with just one threshold and another for how many nodes before it triggers - you could rejoin the nodes table with a new alias but I am not sure the having clause would work without creating some sub selects.

try this - custom SQL Alert - group

then type in INNER JOIN dbo.Nodes n on n.Caption = Containers_AlertsAndReportsData.GroupMemberName AND (n.CPULoad >50)

GROUP BY GroupID, GroupName

HAVING COUNT (*) > 3

to derive the # of nodes over your threshold or their names you could do a sub select in the alert email

Hopefully that points you in a helpful direction...

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bluefunelemental

I was afraid the answer would be to use Custom SQL Alerts, as I am not experienced using them.....

If my group was called Citrix, how would this fit into your answer?

Would Line 2, GroupName be Citrix?  Would I need to find the GroupID to match the Citrix group?