This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Volume delta over time alert

Hi,

I am wondering if it was possible to create an alert that will trigger if the volume (hard disk) utilisation increases by X percent over Y time? E.g. 20% over 2 hours.

I have created the following custom alert in the advanced alert manager. It should trigger when the utilisation changes by 5% in less than a 2 hour window but it does not. I tested this by monitoring a local volume, then copying files on the disk to increase the utilisation percentage (43% to 60%).  Running the query against the database returns the volume that I am testing against but still no alert (action is to send an npm event and write to a local log file).

(I also believe the alert will trigger if the utilisation DROPS over time as well but that's something to sort out if I can get this step working...)

pastedImage_0.png

Does anyone have any experience with a volume delta alert or can see where my SQL alert is incorrect?

(Alert is enabled, set to check every 1 minute, reset when no longer true, trigger all times of day)

Thanks