This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using suppression for an advanced custom SQL alert

Hi 

I'm currently working on re-vamping my company's alerting and am in the process of creating an alert on the WAN response time using the following custom SQL statement:

WHERE  

(

(Nodes.ResponseTime > ((Nodes.AvgResponseTime * 2) + 1)) AND 

(

(Nodes.SysName LIKE '%rtr%'))

)

I had previously been using the following in a normal statement:
field response time is greater than field average response time
However I realised that the average is always made up of values higher than that value so an alert set up in such a way did not provide much value. So instead opted for the SQL query.
However I want to add in the following suppression on the alert so I dont get blasted with alerts when the site that my Orion server is hosted at has a higher than normal WAN response time. It seems like you are unable to use a custom SQL statement for this and unfortunately every time I add in simple or complex conditions, eg:
system name starts with con
system name starts with far
system name starts with chant
system name starts with stu
They disappear from the alert configuration on pressing ok. 
Does anyone have any ideas how I might go about configuring this; is there something I've missed completely?!
Thanks
Rich