This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

TIP: Export All Advanced Alerts

FormerMember
FormerMember

(This requires access to the SQL Server using the SolarWinds Database Manager. Please make sure you are familiar with this tool before using this SQL query).

Thought I'd give something back. Thanks to many a Thwack SQL expert for giving me the ideas to put this together.

What this does is pull all useful (in my opinion) columns together, that match the AlertID (which is common to both tables). Once done, you can then export the results. Seeing duplicates? That's because it's pulling the Alert Actions AND the Reset Actions and putting them in their own rows.

Here 'tis:

Select ActionDefinitions.AlertDefID, ActionDefinitions.ActionType, ActionDefinitions.Title, ActionDefinitions.Target, ActionDefinitions.Parameter1, ActionDefinitions.Parameter2, ActionDefinitions.Parameter3,AlertDefinitions.AlertDefID, AlertDefinitions.AlertName,AlertDefinitions.AlertDescription, AlertDefinitions.LastExecuteTime, AlertDefinitions.ObjectType

FROM ActionDefinitions

INNER JOIN AlertDefinitions

ON ActionDefinitions.AlertDefID=AlertDefinitions.AlertDefID

ORDER BY ActionDefinitions.AlertDefID

Enjoy,

Mike B.