cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Suppressing reboot alerts based off 'LastBoot' with unmanaged mode

Jump to solution

I have seen this posted a couple times without a real resolution other than some work around suggestions.  I have an advanced alert configured to fire when 'LastBoot' has changed and status not equal to Unmanaged.  If I unmanage a Windows 2003/2008 node then reboot or recycle SNMP the alert is suppressed until the unmanaged window expires.  Once the window expires we then get the reboot notices.  We are running NPM 10.0 and 10.0 SP1 (two seperate instances - same behavior).  I have tried the schedule unmanage utility with the same outcome.  Has anyone else seen this?  Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 14

In Orion 10.1 we did try to resolve the Last Boot Issues that was being seen in 10.0 and prior. I suggest to upgrade, and if the issue still exists to open a Support Case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 14

In Orion 10.1 we did try to resolve the Last Boot Issues that was being seen in 10.0 and prior. I suggest to upgrade, and if the issue still exists to open a Support Case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 15

Do the work around suggestions not work for you? Have you tried anything else besides the unmanage utility?

0 Kudos

Unfortunately the workarounds suggested are either not descriptive enough or suggest simply relying on down alerts.  I guess my question is - should putting nodes in unmanaged mode be suppressing the reboot alerts?  If, yes, why is it not working for me?

0 Kudos