This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SYSLOG Viewer - Execute an External Program - Not Working using PERL Script

Hello Team,

Need the communities help.

I'm using Syslog Viewer to run a Perl Script for a Syslog message for F5 LBs Certificate Expiry - This script creates a Ticket via BMC Remedy with the Syslog Message, IP etc on the ticket.

I installed ActivePerl 5.28 (64-bit) on the Main Orion server running NPM 12.1 on Windows 2008 R2.

- Testing is successful > ran the script to the server's CMD > Script creates ticket and logs it.

- Created the Syslog Rule > add trigger to send email and execute an External program

Script on Execute External Program
C:\Perl64\bin\perl.exe "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Impact\server\bin\send2bem.pl" ${MESSAGE} ${Hostname} ${IP}

pastedImage_1.png

- Waited for a trigger > email got sent out but no ticket was created and there are no signs that the .exe was even called out

- log file didn't have any info

pastedImage_2.png

- Every log came from testing > running the script on command line

pastedImage_3.png

Anything else experienced something like this? Are there any permissions needed to be allowed?

Thanks!

• Hello Team,

I was able to resolve the issue by installing an older version of ActivePerl 5.2 running on 32-bit.

It seems the Syslog viewer is not compatible with the latest version or 64-bit version of Perl since it cannot recognize the .pl file.

Thanks!