This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Not receiving SMTP emails with Orion Alert Manager

I have noticed that I am not receiving all of my SMTP email when I set up an alert in Orion Alert Manager.  Some of the SMTP emails come through, others do not.  I have disabled all Firewalls and Anti-Virus on my Orion server.  I see these entries in the AlertService Log.  I also see these log entries in the SolarWinds.Net Event Viewer:

2012-02-14 12:59:25,593 [38] WARN Error - Failed - Was unable to send email message. EXCEPTION STACK: --> The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc14. The server response was not available

I just loaded up a SMTP bombermail type program onto my Orion server to test SMTP functionality with it.  It is having no problems sending SMTP email to my email address.  All SMTP email tests work fine with this program.

I have to believe there is something wrong with the SMTP function within the Orion NPM platform.

I have tried to restart my Orion services and run the Configuration wizard.  It doesn't repair the issue, has anyone else ran into this trouble?  What was your fix?

Orion support is looking at wireshark captures of my problem now, but they have no immediate answers either.

Thanks