This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to configure an advanced alert trigger condition to notify me when upsSecondsOnBattery is NOT equal to 0?

I am trying to set up an advanced alert to notify me when upsSecondsOnBattery is NOT equal to 0.  I have set up a UnDP for upsSecondsOnBattery.  Is the following correct?

upsSecondsOnBattery.PNG

• Are you trying to determine if a UPS is actively using the battery?  What you have looks correct, though I'm not sure that I have used that particular MIB.  Here is what I have.  Note I have a few different vendors of UPS equipment.  Also I have a custom property that tells me if it is a critical UPS or just some small ups that I don't need an alert on.  Hope this helps.

Capture.JPG

• Yes, I assume that the UPS has lost input power if the upsSecondsOnBattery is greater than 0.  I would have preferred to be able to pick the value of the UnDP but that was as close as I could guess.

• What brand of UPS do you have?  My ups systems support a undp that states the input source.  For APC, you'll want to browse for a mib called upsBasicOutputStatus (1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.4.1.1).  A value of 1 is unknown. A value of 2 is Online and a value of 3 is battery.  I usually map the values and then use Value.  It's a little more friendly and it's treated as a string.  Tripplite has a similar mib, but I don't know the oid of the top of my head.