This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How many times will an Alert be triggered?

Hi, I am new to Network Performance Monitor. I have a question on Alert. Does an Alert need to be reset before being triggered again?

• Hi sunday,

if the condition resets, it will send out the reset message if you had configured it, you might want to look at the alert escalation tab in advance alert's email page action if you want it to trigger repeatedly even it has been triggered but not acknowledged or reset.

• Thanks for the reply.

If I don't set the Alert Escalation, Does an Alert need to be reset before being triggered again?

• Thanks for the reply.

If I don't set the Alert Escalation, Does an Alert need to be reset before being triggered again?

It depends.  It does have to be rearmed before it can trip again.  However, lets say you have a high CPU alert tripped for Node 1, the alert can trip again for Node 2 without the one for Node 1 being rearmed.

Does this answer your question?

• Yes.  Thanks for the reply.  Is there any detailed documentation related to your example?  I have read Understand Orion Advance Alert but could not find explanation on this.