This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Email alert using secure SMTP

Hi all,

Anybody implemented email alert with secure SMTP?

Testing Solarwinds Alert sent to Exchange Server using secure SMTP (465 and use SSL was checked) always give me Error like this.

EXCEPTION STACK: --> The transport failed to connect to the server. : CDO.Message.1 :    at Interop.cdosys.MessageClass.Send()  at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.MessageActions.ActionEmail.AsyncMailToSend.SendThis(Object state);;; 

Any input or idea?
  • Hard to tell what is going on, are there any errors in your Exchange logs?  I would recommend a support ticket to look into it deeper.

• bungky--

When you open a support ticket, would you:

--Reference this thread to Support.
    --Post back here with a case number.
    --Post any solutions you get from Support.

Many thx,

M

• Found this thread while searching for the same exact issue.

In my case it was the McAfee Virus scan client blocking outbound smtp connections. Turned off on access scanner and everything worked correctly.

• Normally the full error will be like this .

2012-08-10 23:54:46,992 [6] WARN  All - Failure - Was unable to send email message to "EnterEmailAddress" <EnterEmailAddress>.  Error Detail -

EXCEPTION STACK: --> The transport failed to connect to the server.

: CDO.Message.1 :    at Interop.cdosys.MessageClass.Send()

at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.MessageActions.ActionEmailURL.AsyncMailToSend.SendThis(Object state);;;

Solution :- Update the correct reply Email address in Alert

reply email .jpg

• Another variant of error message for similar issue.

2019-05-08 10:56:42,796 [35] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Actions.Impl.Email.EmailMethodInvoker - (null) Test for SMTP server (smtp-lan:465, SSL enabled, Authentication enabled) failed System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040213): The transport failed to connect to the server. at Interop.cdosys.MessageClass.Send() at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Actions.Utility.Smtp.Clients.CdoSmtpClient.Send() at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Actions.Impl.Email.EmailMethodInvoker.SendTestEmail(String args)