cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Create Temperature Alert For Switch Stack

Jump to solution

I have added several switchches and swit stacks inside solarwinds. I'd like to create an alert that monitors all switches (include the ones in stacks) and tells me when they are having a temperature spike. I can not find this option when I try to set up a trigger condition for a node.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

pastedImage_1.png

You could also set up an alert like the above.  This checks for any Hardware Sensor which has a name like "Temp Sensor" and whose value is over 32 degrees (Celsius) [around 89 F].

"Shoot for the stars to reach the moon"

View solution in original post

8 Replies

In our environment we defined a Universal Device Poller that we call Cisco Temperature.  This takes the value from the specific OID (ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusValue) and transforms the results into TempFahrenheit value for our Cisco devices.  We then setup an alert using "Custom Node Poller" and trigger when value greater or equal to 88 from any device .  I can provide more specifics if you still need help setting this up.

0 Kudos

Would you be able to help me setup the temperature alert?

0 Kudos

I would open a new thread as this question already has the answer set.

But to get you started here is what I did:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

pastedImage_1.png

You could also set up an alert like the above.  This checks for any Hardware Sensor which has a name like "Temp Sensor" and whose value is over 32 degrees (Celsius) [around 89 F].

"Shoot for the stars to reach the moon"

View solution in original post

When I use that statement above I do not get a Temp Sensor  option. When I select Unique name I get about 20 different Temperature Sensors#.

I get the same and I'm not sure how to map the temperature sensor 1 to temperature chassis module 1 etc.. anyone have any info on how to do that?

0 Kudos

I would open a new thread as this question already has the answer set.  Can you include a screen capture on what your trying get in the alert?

0 Kudos

I use syslog alerting for this. I just look for a particular Message Type Pattern (e.g ENVMON*) and alert on it accordingly.

0 Kudos