This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cannot see custom properties in alert trigger config

I have created a new custom property for nodes called AlertContact.  When I go to create a new alert trigger in Alert Manager, I cannot see that custom property (or any of the custom properties).  I made sure I enabled the custom property for Alerts (it is enabled for all usages).  Am I doing something wrong or is something not configured correctly in the Alert Manager?

• Two things:

First off, have you closed and re-opened Alert Manager after creating the custom property?  Custom properties created when alert manager is open will not show.  Secondly, are you running alert manager as Administrator (right click, "run as administrator...), or have UAC turned off?  I've found that NOT doing this, results in selectable fields being missing.

HTH

Stuart

• Bingo!  I had restarted the Alert Manager, but I was NOT running as Administrator.  I quit and ran it as Administrator and now I can see all of the Custom Properties!

Thanks!

• I've noticed that depending upon the setting selected in the Type of Property to Monitor drop-down on the Trigger Condition page the contents of the Variable Categories change making some of the Custom Properties unavailable when you're in the Trigger Actions > Send Email > Message > Insert Variable.

You can go backwards and forwards changing the property so that different variables are shown, but it's simpler to just call the CPs by their fuller name, such as ${Node.MyNewCustomProperty}