This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have the Component Status Details included in an Alert Action Email for an application alert?

Please see attachments for visual explanation of what I am trying to accomplish.

attachments.zip
  • Try "Status or Error Description":

${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.StatusOrErrorDescription}

• The easiest way to get what you want is to set the alert type to 'component'.  I then use the alert scope to be applicable to the 'application name' I am looking for.

pastedImage_0.png

Having the alert type set to component has all the component variables open to action editor UI (otherwise you have to craft it in SWQL).

The variables I use are:

Application Name: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.ApplicationAlert.ApplicationName}

Components with problem: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.ApplicationAlert.ComponentsWithProblems}

If your using scripts or anything with 'MultiValueMessage' use: ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.MultiValueMessages}

• When I set the alert type to component, I was able to include  ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.ComponentMessage} which had the data I wanted. Unfortunately, the names of  all of the other the variables changed, but nothing that a little find and replace couldn't handle. Thanks for the help!

• I couldn't afford to switch to Component monitor. I did SWQL query instead and it worked just fine for my purposes.

Something along these lines:

${N=SWQL;M=SELECT ca.MultiValueMessages
    FROM Orion.APM.Application app
    JOIN Orion.APM.ComponentAlert ca ON app.ApplicationID = ca.ApplicationID
    WHERE app.ApplicationID = ${N=SwisEntity;M=ApplicationID}}