This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can I create an Alert to list impacted child nodes when parent goes down?

I have several dependencies created and my alerting works great but I would like to add the impacted children to alert body when parent goes down.

Maybe it is as easy as me finding a list of variables I can use when creating alerts IDK

Thanks

• In my alert messages I use this syntax to make sure the messages notify me about any dependency relationships that could be an issue.  It lists of the name of each dependency relationship that includes the node as either a parent or child.

Parent of the following dependencies:

${SQL: select isnull((SELECT cast(Name + ' - ' as XML), cast([Description] + CHAR(13) as XML) FROM [dbo].[Dependencies] where includeinstatuscalculation = 1 and parententitytype = 'orion.nodes' and parentnetobjectid = ${nodeid} FOR XML PATH('') ),'None') }

Child of the following dependencies:

${SQL: select isnull((SELECT cast(Name + ' -  ' as XML), cast([Description] + CHAR(13) as XML) FROM [dbo].[Dependencies] where includeinstatuscalculation = 1 and childentitytype = 'orion.nodes' and childnetobjectid = ${nodeid} FOR XML PATH('') ),'None') }

• Whats the scope of the alert set to?  Node / Application / Component / Group?