This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Aruba switch stack member monitoring

I am trying to figure out how to write an alert to tell me when one of the members of my Aruba S3500 switch stacks goes down.  I figured out how to do it for our Cisco switches, but on the Aruba's, when I do "list resources", I don't get the same "Stack Port 1 & 2" that my Ciscos show me.  Is that a limitation of Solarwinds, or of the switch IOS, perhaps? 

Anyone with a good idea how I can accomplish this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Apologies for raising the dead, but hopefully this will help somebody. Stumbling upon this thread inspired me to set up alerting for it, as I hadn't already done so. There are two options, as I see it.

1. Alert based on the interfaces/connected devices going down. Realistically, you should already have this set up. Not the most direct or elegant method, to say the least.

2. Alert based on the stacking interfaces going down. These should never be unplugged, so can be configured as up/down, not up/unplugged.