This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application alert, need to exclude MSSQLSERVER

We have an alert that is more of a generic application alert.

pastedImage_0.png

This also alerts on MSSQLSERVER, and I was trying to figure out a way to block SQLSERVER, Our SQL Team has

their own monitoring solution and we do not need the extra fill in our alert queue.

I am unable to find a way of excluding SQLSERVER, from the alert equation, all I can select are MSSQLSERVER objects.

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you,

• you should be able to filter on application instance type instead of instance.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

that will omit any of the AppInsight for SQL monitors. If you want to filter on the text `MSSQLSERVER` you would use the application name. alternatively you could also apply a custom property to the application monitors and use that to filter. this would be the most scalable option for the future as you might add more monitors that do not require alerts at a later date and filtering on a single custom property means you don't have to keep updating your alerts.