This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts for shared resource

Hey guys! I need some input on some alarm rationale I'm working on.

We got a Linux cluster of four servers. Each server has file system that is mapped to a shared NFS share. The NFS share capacity is being monitored by Linux Script Monitor using SAM.

What is happens when the capacity of the share reaches a threshold, an alarm is generated for each server the NFS share is mapped to.

What I am trying to do is limit the number of nuisance alerts and so only generate one alarm for the share. Any ideas?

• We have one non-prod and prod node with all the NFS shares mounted. So monitoring these 2 nodes for the SHARES will create one alert per SHARE and Environment, Alert will include all respective EMAIL Distributed Lists to give heads up for respective teams to take action to cleanup/archive/add space to Shares.

Hope this helps.

Best-

BK

• I would suggest disabling the component monitor for 3 of the 4 servers. If one of the nodes is down then simply enable it on one of the other 3 nodes.