This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert on Node Reboot

There are some threads where reboot alerts are mentioned, but nothing really detailed on how people are doing it.  Currently I have a basic alert set up to alert on a Node Reboot, and it works quite fine, the majority of the time - sometimes there are misfires of some TrippLite UPSes (have seen mention of others seeing the same thing), and when restarting using Orion Service Manager I get some misfires of old device reboots (which always gets me some calls from management or customers).  My biggest gripe with this basic alert is that there is no reset, so each time a device reboots that alert ends up in the list of Triggered Alerts, and this can build up with hundreds (or even thousands) of nodes and 10-50 devices that could reboot in a week.  The only way I have found to clear that list is to disable and then enable the alert.  And with a few different lists of devices and email addresses they report to that can be 5-10 alerts to disable and enable once a week.

Is there a better way to alert on nodes rebooting?  Essentially I want to get an email when devices in list A reboot, and send an email to customer X when his devices reboot, etc.

Thanks.