cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Alert logic if a service is not running on either or 2 servers.

Jump to solution

I have a case where a critical service would normally be running on either of 2 peered servers.  So it is only ever running on 1 server.  I am trying to create an alert if it is not running on either.  My alert logic is below, however in testing it is not triggering.  Thoughts?

jcm_0-1608142901543.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

NOTE: I just made this up, so there is a high chance of error here.  Also note this is just one of several ways to do this.

The logic here is that

1) setup the alert so that it would normally alert on EITHER process being down.

2) enable complex conditions, and set the "alert can be triggered if [more or equal] [2] objects (at the same time) have met the specified condition"

brscott_0-1608156498960.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 9

Thanks for the feedback and the tip.  I actually want to alert if the service is not running on both servers, it should be running on one or the other.  I think adding a complex condition is a good way to go.

Thanks again and will test tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Level 12

NOTE: I just made this up, so there is a high chance of error here.  Also note this is just one of several ways to do this.

The logic here is that

1) setup the alert so that it would normally alert on EITHER process being down.

2) enable complex conditions, and set the "alert can be triggered if [more or equal] [2] objects (at the same time) have met the specified condition"

brscott_0-1608156498960.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks, I made it work on a test system this morning.  I ended up making a template for the process for each server and configured the trigger as a complex condition.  I did not test against application ID's in that case.

0 Kudos