This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert filtered on custom property text not working as I expected

Either I have a misunderstanding, or something didn't work right.

For the record, this is my version:Orion Platform HF1, SRM, IPAM HF1, SAM, SCM HF1, DPAIM, NCM, VMAN, Toolset, NPM, NTA: 2019.4

I have a custom property "NodeUsedFor" where we set values for production, test, development, etc.  We needed to put business hours on an alert for test/dev and not anything else.I made 2 copies of the alert and scoped it the production alert to nodes where the property does not contain test or development. It did not fire when the property had not been set yet. Should "does not contain" trigger on null values?

Original alert logic that did not trigger on a property that was null:

Down-Node-No-Dev-Test.png

New alert logic that now includes null values:

Down-Node-No-Dev-Test-or-is-empty.png

• Hello,

If you are trying to scope the alert for specific hours the "Time Of Day" tab would be more suitable. 

From the description my understanding is that you want to alert when 1 of 2 condition are met (OR)

1. NodeUsedFor Is Empty

OR

2 NodeUsedFor does not contain (Development OR Test)

• Is your alert working after you added the null/'is empty' value?

I have a few alerts that we had to include "does not contain" on the trigger action.  We have custom properties we only populate when we want to 'override' the default alert behavior, or like your example, for specific environments/teams.