cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Advanced Alert on Multiple Node Outage

Jump to solution

For some reason I thought this was going to be simple... 

Lets say I have 100+ MPLS circuits in Canada and I want to detect a vendor-wide outage.  I thought that I could create an advanced alert that would look at the node status on 10 different devices on this CA network and alert me only if all 10 of these devices were down.  According to tech support, this would require some advanced SQL queries and even then, it might not work.

I would've bet money that Orion could alert on something like this but apparently not.

I have submitted a feature request but I was wondering if, even with SQL queries, is it even possible with version 10.0 SP1?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

This is a new feature in NPM 10.1 so you would need to upgrade, but I believe you should be able to do this with Dynamic Service Groups.  Check out this blog here for more on it.

NPM 10.1 also has the ability to write advanced SQL alerts as well, just like you can do in report writer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

This is a new feature in NPM 10.1 so you would need to upgrade, but I believe you should be able to do this with Dynamic Service Groups.  Check out this blog here for more on it.

NPM 10.1 also has the ability to write advanced SQL alerts as well, just like you can do in report writer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi wooderson9--

I'm going to move your post to our Alert Lab forum where it will have more visibility.

M

0 Kudos

Thank you!

I wasn't aware of the Alert Lab forum.  I was coming up short on answers in the NPM forum so maybe my answer is in here somewhere.

0 Kudos