Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

"IsScriptEnabledByDefault" switch does not work

Jump to solution

Hello,

i have created my own template for creating users.
In this template I have included a script:

[...]
},
"ScriptOptions": {
"IsHidden": false,
"IsHiddenFromRequester": false,
"IsScriptEnabledByDefault": true,
"Path": "xxx",
"CommandLineParameters": "xxx",
"DisplayName": "xxx"
},
[...]

The script itself works fine.
But I have to select the execution of the script manually each time:

ARM_Script.PNG
Shouldn't the "IsScriptEnabledByDefault" switch ensure that the script is executed automatically?

Another problem:
The default template for creating new users shows me the "Scripts" tab, where I can select the scripts I have defined in the "ARM Configuration" tool.

ARM_Script_2.jpg

With my own template I can't use the predefined scripts, but have to define the scripts directly in the template.
Can I also use the predefined scripts in my own template?

Best regards
Jonas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 8

Hello,

according to documentation i think the switch has to be "IsScriptEnabledDefault" instead of "IsScriptEnabledByDefault".

If you add the section "ScriptOptions" to user defined template, then you define one specific script the will be executed or not.

When you remove the section "ScriptOptions" from the template, then you can select the scripts that were defined in ARM configuration. 

You can find more information on this topic here:

https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/ARM/Content/run-an-external-program.htm

Kind regards

Christian

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 8

Hello,

according to documentation i think the switch has to be "IsScriptEnabledDefault" instead of "IsScriptEnabledByDefault".

If you add the section "ScriptOptions" to user defined template, then you define one specific script the will be executed or not.

When you remove the section "ScriptOptions" from the template, then you can select the scripts that were defined in ARM configuration. 

You can find more information on this topic here:

https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/ARM/Content/run-an-external-program.htm

Kind regards

Christian

View solution in original post

Hello Christian,

you're absolutely right, my bad!

Thanks a lot
Best regards
Jonas

0 Kudos