Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: [Tool]ARM Template Generator V2

Hi,

how can I order manually the AD Properties, so that they have a desired order in the Workflow form.

It would be really nice to have this possibility.

I observed, that sometimes the Template Generator (V2) will rorder the AD Properties automatically by himself.

Regards

Adrian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Hi Adrian,

normally on the web frontend it should be shown in the order which are in the template file. If that is not the case it is a bug. In the rich client you have mandatory fields, like samaccountname, givenname, surname and description where you can't change the order, but the LDAP properties itself should be the same as in the template file.

When it is reordered by the TG then it would be great if Paul find time to fix it.

kind regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Hi Adrian,

for OpenOrder Templates you can change the order by editing the Hierarchy (there should be a button there somewhere ).

For all other templates currently you can not change the order in the Generator.

I might add that in a future release but at the moment you will probably have to manually reorder them in the template.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: [Tool]ARM Template Generator V2 - Updated 26/07/19

Hi Paul,

nice tool, thanks.

I got an Error whren editing lookup table entries. After pressing ok the program dies. Tested with the user-example and a self created template.

tg2-1.JPG tg2-2.JPG

Hope you have an idea.

Edit: And the minimum password length for user creation schould be chooseable or 8 for me.

Regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: [Tool]ARM Template Generator V2 - Updated 23/08/19

Hi Richard,

thanks for your feedback. I have fixed the crash and added the minimum length as editable field.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Paul,

great, it works. Solved in a fantastic reaction time.

Thank you.

Best regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work, however I'm having some difficulty with the username creation. Our usernames are the first 3 letters of the surname and the first 3 letters of the first name.. so for example, if the user was James Dean, his username should be deajam. How do I set this in the template??

At the moment its taking the first letter of the firstname. surname...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Hi bevan,

this creationrule should work for your case:

<toLowerCase>(<regExpr>('.{0,3}',{sn})<regExpr>('.{0,3'},{firstname}))

it selects the first 0 to 3 characters of sn and firstname, the 0 to 3 part is important in case you have names that are less than 3 characters long.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks Paul,

That worked successfully!

Last question, is it possible when creating the exchange mailbox as part of the template that it applies our corporate retention policy to the newly created  mailbox?

I thought I could make use of the Exchange Scripting Agent, however it looks like its not being called when creating a user based off a template in ARM. Works when i manually create a mailbox in exchange though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Hi Bevan,

the way to do this is to use the script execution you can define in the template and set the retention policy in that script (for example via powershell: set-mailbox -retentionpolicy "policyname").

Regards

paul

0 Kudos