I am pleased to announce the availability of the second version of the ARM Template Generator Tool.
The documentation is now included in the download package.
- Interface redesign
- Support for User Template Import
- Option for creating a User Template based on an existing Account
- Support for Group Template Creation & Import
- Support for Open Template Creation & Import
- Help links now open in Browser and have been updated
- Tooltips and watermarks throughout the tool
- GUI for building creation rules
- Added selection of premade validation rules
- Added REGEX cheat sheet
- Multiple values are now configurable for Exchange Database and Policy fields
- Script parameter fields make autocomplete suggestions based on configured properties
- Added out of order navigation
Since i can only test so much on my own I would ask everyone using the Import feature to keep backups of the original template files or just not save over them, at least for now.
If you have any issues or see wonky behaviour please let me know, preferably with a detailed description of the expected and actual behaviour.
The old version will stay available under the old link for now.
- fixed an issue while importing templates with completely missing modules section
- fixed an issue with loading and writing the first parameter of the regexpr method
- fixed an issue with dragging list items into the builder UI when their index in the list is higher than the highest index that is displayed by default
- made sure the import function respects the order of AD Attributes (should have been the case before, if you see anything to the contrary let me know)
- added buttons for re-ordering AD Attributes
- fixed issue with the import and export function reading/writing the "IsScriptEnabledDefault" property in the scriptoptions as "IsScriptEnabledByDefault" (note that when you import a template with the faulty property name the value will have to be reconfigured manually)
- fixed a crash after editing lookuptables
- added minimum length field to password options - changed default value from 12 to 8
Here´s a glimpse of the new interface:
can you check if the tool can work with the example files. I believe that the algorithm for import JSON files does not work with comments. In some customer environment this tool crashes because of reading the example files after we changed the needed values for ID, domain FQDN and OU.
Have a great day
comments should not be a problem, i have tested the import with the example template. Please send me your template and i´ll check out what the issue is when I find time. (btw did you download the newest release? i already did one bugfix related to the import)
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process. Learn more today by joining now.