This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reporting on ALL user permissions for all child directories

Hi Thwack community,

I have used Solarwinds many times in the past but never ARM and have just installed a demo with the potential of my company purchasing this and wondered whether its actually possibly to get an entire scan report of a path including its directories?

I have played around and am able to select one path and get a list of access for that but i really need the option for all child paths beneath that?

This really would be a deal break. Thanks in advance!

• When you run a "Who has access where?" report on a folder it will report on all child directories (if scanned properly).

If not, you either have the level set differently:

2019-09-25 09_05_06-8MAN Sales VM (192.168.16.1) - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7.png

0 (Zero) would mean only the selected folder.

And/Or have this (default) option active:

2019-09-25 09_05_40-8MAN Sales VM (192.168.16.1) - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7.png

I would NOT recommend deactivating this.

What this does: if it only shows the selected path, then all permissions of the child directories are the same. If it shows more paths, then they have a different set of permissions.

This is a quick way to see if something is different and makes the report way more readable - or do you want to check manually several (potentially hundreds) of pages if there's something different?