cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Reporting on ALL user permissions for all child directories

Hi Thwack community,

I have used Solarwinds many times in the past but never ARM and have just installed a demo with the potential of my company purchasing this and wondered whether its actually possibly to get an entire scan report of a path including its directories?

I have played around and am able to select one path and get a list of access for that but i really need the option for all child paths beneath that?

This really would be a deal break. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 10

When you run a "Who has access where?" report on a folder it will report on all child directories (if scanned properly).

If not, you either have the level set differently:

2019-09-25 09_05_06-8MAN Sales VM (192.168.16.1) - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7.png

0 (Zero) would mean only the selected folder.

And/Or have this (default) option active:

2019-09-25 09_05_40-8MAN Sales VM (192.168.16.1) - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7.png

I would NOT recommend deactivating this.

What this does: if it only shows the selected path, then all permissions of the child directories are the same. If it shows more paths, then they have a different set of permissions.

This is a quick way to see if something is different and makes the report way more readable - or do you want to check manually several (potentially hundreds) of pages if there's something different?

0 Kudos