This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Recertification Configuration

Hi all,

is there any way to config the emails sent by ARM about the recertification?

An other problem I have is the initial Email for the Recertification. When will this email be sent? I managed to get the email after 50% time frame but the initial email didn't arrive?

Any suggestions about a solution?

Thx,

Tatjana

• Hi Tante Jana,

there is no specific config regarding the recertification emails. Are you looking for a config to fix your problem or do you want to adjust the contents of the emails?

The initial information email is sent out on the morning of the day the recertification starts after the nightly maintenance jobs are completed. What might have happened in your case is that the maintenance job did not run successfully (that will happen if clients are still connected to the server).

Can you retest this by setting the start of the recertification to the next day and making sure no clients are connected to the server overnight? 

You can see which clients are currently connected to the server in the "License" section of the config client.

Regards

Paul

• ....that will happen if clients are still connected to the server...

really?

okay, I wasn't aware of this, but I think this is not always possible. There are more people working with ARM so not everybody logs out at the end of the day....

And yeah I really would like to change the Email text because we need to put more information into it

Regards,

Tatjana

• ...really?...

yup. there is a config switch to change that behaviour but by default that is how it works.

you can find the email templates for the recertification under %Program Files%\Protected Networks\8MAN\etc\mails\Recertification

just be aware that the modification will not be supported and that those files are overwritten on an update so will have to be refreshed in that case.

Regards

Paul

• Thx for the info!

Regards,

Tatjana