This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can i Select another Primary Group for a Single User in 8Man/ARM

I like to delete the Standard Primary Group for a User and Select another Group to his new Primary

Can i princible do this with 8MAN?

• Hi Korbi,

yes you can do it.

1.) you need to go to "C:\ProgramData\protected-networks.com\8MAN\cfg\pnserver.config.xml"

2.) Add following lines if not there or extend

<changeConfiguration>

<activeDirectory>

<PropertiesToLoad type="System.String">primaryGroupID</PropertiesToLoad>

<PropertiesDetails>

<primaryGroupID>    

<IsChangeable type="System.String">true</IsChangeable>         

<IsInitialConfigurable type="System.String">true</IsInitialConfigurable>        

</primaryGroupID>    

</PropertiesDetails>

</activeDirectory>

</changeConfiguration>

3.) Restart ARM Service, unfortunately this cahnges are only take over after service Restart.

4.) Add the Group you like to have into the Groupmembership of the User for example Marketing (RID 1140)

pastedImage_2.png

5.) Now edit the LDAP Property:

pastedImage_3.png

6.) Change the PrimaryGroupIID

pastedImage_5.png

Hope that helps.

regards

Mike (ARMExpert)

• Hi Mike,

TIL. Is "ischangeable" really a string though? Sounds like it should be boolean.

Best

Paul

• Hi Paul,

yes, it is a string, but only in the section for "PropertiesToLoad". In all other sections you are Right it would be a System.Boolean.

Cheers

Mike