This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exchange: Permissions for Serviceaccount

Hi

The ARM service account has full access permissions on exchange database level but can't change permissions on user mailboxes. Shared mailbox etc are working fine.

When trying to open a user mailbox from the list (in Ressources -> Exchange), right click -> change permissions, it actually jumps to the root @ 'Exchange -> Servername -> Mailboxes'  and no permissions are being displayed.

Same with 'search'. The search finds the user mailboxes but when trying to open it, it jumps to the root again, not to the user's mailbox itself.

Any idea what causes this behavior?

• Hi,

first of all: ARM needs no access to the database, that's way too much. It should be in the Exchange permission group "Organizational Management" to make changes.

The search behaviour you describe sounds like a bug in an old 8MAN (old name of ARM) version where the search jumped to the wrong spot due to bad grouping. But I guess you run the latest ARM version, right?

I just a few minutes ago saw this at a customers installation, in his case this only happened to disabled users which was weird.

Not showing permissions: maybe this is a side-effect from that other problem, can you manually navigate in the permissions view to the mailbox?

Cheers

Björn

• Hi. I like to give as many permissions as possible (joke) emoticons_happy.png Going to change that...

@8MAN: It was an 8MAN installation indeed. It has then been updated/upgraded to ARM since then. It is not a fresh installation. Latest ARM version is running.

I cannot manually navigate to a users mailbox. The server config xml  has the settings not to sort using OU, btw...

What I remember is that in former versions of ARM (not 8man) I was at least able to go to the users mailbox. But I also never could change permissions. I don't understand why it is working on other types of mailbox...