This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ARM Web console There was a problem connecting to the armServer

pastedImage_0.png

When attempting to connect to the ARM webconsole at https://myserver/#/login I get the following message "There was a problem connecting to the armServer.

I have tried several combination of accounts but for the life of me I don't know where to go to fix this. In full disclosure I'm about as green as it gets with ARM

• Also, if I say "login as current Windows User" I get

{"Success":false,"Data":null,"ResponseId":null,"ErrorDetails":{"ErrorCode":0,"ErrorCodeHex":"0x00000000","Message":"Unknown error value '0x00000000'","DebugMessage":"There was a problem connecting to the armServer."}}

• What did you configure in the webcosole configuration?

This might be due to wrong ARM server entry or wrong SSL certificate.

This setting works in nearly 100% of the installations:

2020-01-24 17_44_26-Window.png

And for the certificate don't select the Solarwinds certificate. That won't work for the webconsole, it has a different purpose. If there's no other certificate, create a self-signed and configure that.

You can reset the webconsole any time by deleting its site in the IIS and restart the webconsole configurator.

• Hi,

pls. check in the grantMa.log files under "C:\ProgramData\protected-networks.com\8MAN\log" if you are connected to the right ARM server. Here an extract from my one:

Configuration   :

aidManWeb.server.name = localhost

aidManWeb.server.port = 55555

If the server name is right on your log and the port too, then you need to investigate in the logfile if you can find "|Error".

You can also start "Arm - Web Configuration" and check if your values are right

pastedImage_1.png

Sorry for German, but the server is German but in English it is on the same location.

The certification could be a problem too.

Cheers

Mike