This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ARM Sync Documentation

With ARM 9.1 SolarWinds annonced a new feature called ARM Sync. ARM Sync automates the exchange between a third-party system and a system administered with ARM. For example, it allows you to provision users in AD via ARM from a CSV export of an HR system. However, I cannot find any documentation about it except the mentioning in the extended release notes.

https://files.mtstatic.com/site_11644/45707/0?Expires=1552398669&Signature=ceAb9fbtYkeMAFrx~RD~lrpQc3dtb-k33NIJHyV3VORI2…

Does anybody know more about this feature or where I can find documentation?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Hi sedeiss,

unfortunately there is no official documentation and the release notes are written before Solarwinds take over from Protecte Networks. At the current stage it is more or less in BETA Release stadium and to be honest I do not know at the moment if that will further developed. This answer can only give the product management.

I can demonstrate the current version in my demo environment if more people like to see it. It is not easy to use and that might be one reason why it is not official released and why there is no official documentation and also no official support. Maybe a product owner will answer here in the forum about the future of ARM Sync.

regards

Mike

• Hi Mike,

thanks for your feedback. I have a customer, who is interested in provisioning new employees with data from an HR system. Even if ARM Sync is BETA, I'd like to try it in my test environment and give my customer feedback whether or not it is worth to try.

Do you have a guide on how to configure ARM Sync or where I can find the config options for it in ARM?

Thanks,

Sebastian

• Hi Sebastian,

I can help you, please contact me on LinkedIn or Xing (Mike Wiedemann) or send me a message via the chat function how I can contact you.

Best regards

Mike

• Hi Mike,

are there any news on this topic?

I also have customers that are interested in this feature.

Thank you!

Best regards

Christian

• Hello Christian,

unfortunately no new news. But we as CUSATUM realized some project with other customer without need of that SYNC tool suite. I saw you are from Germany send me a mail to Mike.Wiedemann@cusatum.de and then let us see if I can help with some tips to for the needs your customers have.

Best regards

Mike