This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert does not show What is expected?

Setting up an alert for capturing 80% utilization of the /work directory from several nodes. The initial configuration was set to alert on a volume in which it does work when one is looking at the whole environment. I want to only look at the /work directory on certain nodes. BTW Groups were setup to pull the desired notes to gather  into one ot a few centralized locations. making it easier to pull together. Changed the alert trigger to Group or Group Member then instance of a Group Member only show set on the following objects. Group then instance is XX objects. Opens a window go to container and groups that have been setup. Select all the object nodes in the group hit select. The nodes came in. I see the XX number of objects. When one goes back to show list none of the nodes show I expect to see from the node that were in the group I selected. Don't understand why? What is being missed? I only want to look at the /work directory on these nodes from the group.

Thanks

• For some further clarification, Is the /work directory also the disk partition too? (e.g. /work on linux or E: Drive on Windows) Or are there other folders in the partition besides the /work directory?

Also, are these servers Windows or Linux based?

Do you own NPM and/or SAM?

• Yes they are other folders on the nodes. They are Linux systems. And yes we own both NPM and SAM. The initial setup uses alert on volume but it capture the /work for the whole system. I am only want the /work for a set of nodes. That why I initially set them up in a groups.